Re: [Evolution] Problems building from CVS

On 31 Jul 2001 19:02:50 -0400, David Brusowankin wrote:
Where can I get the bonobo-devel package ?
I cannot find it ! What am I missing ?

From rpm -qa|grep bonobo:

libbonobo2-1.0.2-1mdk
bonobo-1.0.7-ximian.1
bonobo-conf-0.6-ximian.2
libglade-bonobo0-0.16-3mdk
libbonobo-conf0-0.6-ximian.2

you are missing bonobo-devel and libbonobo-conf-devel (or whatever
they're called in
Mandrake, which seems to be what you're using). I'm sure you'll find
them at the same place you got the *-ximian packages

and then:
$ rpm -ql libbonobo2-1.0.2-1mdk
/usr/lib/libbonobo-print.so.2
/usr/lib/libbonobo-print.so.2.0.0
/usr/lib/libbonobo.so.2
/usr/lib/libbonobo.so.2.0.0
/usr/lib/libbonobox.so.2
/usr/lib/libbonobox.so.2.0.0

So it seems that I have development libraries> But even were it not so,
I can't
find bonobo-devel. Help ?

no, those are not development libs, they're just the shared libs. The -devel
packages contain the *.la/a equivalents, which are what you need to
compile.

cheers