Re: [Evolution] Latest snapshots crash on exit

On 27 Jul 2001 11:17:42 -0400, Peter Williams wrote:
On 26 Jul 2001 21:35:21 -0400, Michael Leone wrote:
I run "gdb evolution-mail" in a terminal. Then, in another terminal, I
ran "evolution". When Evo crashed, I went to the "evolution-mail"
terminal, and typed "info threads" into gdb. Which promptly told me
there were NO threads.

Huh?

I did something wrong, but what?

Once you ran gdb, did you type "run" to start evolution mail? Did you
wait 15 seconds or so for evoluton-mail to start up before running
evolution?

Well, I just tried that. And here's what happened - after typing
"evolution" in the 2nd terminal (i.e, I did not use gdb in the 2nd
terminal to run "evolution", I just typed it in at the command line), I
saw the splash screen come up. And then it just sat there. The gdb
terminal running evolution-mail said this:

turgon minas-aran tmp]$ gdb evolution-mail
GNU gdb 5.0
are welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain
conditions.
details.
This GDB was configured as "i586-mandrake-linux"...
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/bin/evolution-mail
warning: Unable to find dynamic linker breakpoint function.
GDB will be unable to debug shared library initializers
and track explicitly loaded dynamic code.

Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path:
"ruler_horiz.png" line 1117

Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate image file in pixmap_path:
"ruler_horiz.png" line 1117

evolution-mail-WARNING **: Starting mail config

evolution-mail-WARNING **: Registered
evolution-mail: Yeeeh! We have an owner!
/home/turgon/evolution/vfolders.xml
Adding new vfolder: UNMATCHED UNMATCHED

Program received signal SIG32, Real-time event 32.
0x4097b17e in sigsuspend () from /lib/libc.so.6
(gdb)

And everything just waits. I never even got INTO evolution. Yet running
it without using gdb,  makes it come up just fine (as witnessed by this
email, written in Evo :-).

Did I miss another step? Why does it pause when run from gdb, and not
from the command line? And what do I do to get around that?

Michael J. Leone                  Registered Linux user #201348
<mailto:turgon mike-leone com>    ICQ: 50453890     AIM: MikeLeone

Taking a mental stroll through the psychic park of pleasure.