Re: Bug Quality [was Re: [Evolution] Evolution 0.11.99 stability...]

Nothing taken personally, but...

I am a developer myself, so I do understand that stack traces are very important and useful. And I do know how to get one most of the time. However, in this case, my efforts to get a stack trace have been defeated. The reasons are:

1. I can't reproduce this every time. All developers, including myself, just hate this.
2. I am not certain which component is crashing, so what do I run gdb on? It is most likely the evolution-mail component, but I did not have a process number to attach to.
3. I guess I can start evolution and gdb from 2 terminals every time I use evolution, but that is cumbersome. But I guess I can do that.
4. Finally, since the crash is not always reproducable, I don't have the time to start evolution a hundred times to try to get it to crash. I just reported it in the hope that someone else might have experienced it too.

Ujwal