Re: [Evolution] a few points

It uses the same mailbox format, you can share folders.  The unread flag
isn't shared though.

Also, if you use maildir, then you can seamlessly use both mailclients
at the same time, or if you can't its a bug.

On 13 Jul 2001 22:50:20 -0400, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
On 13 Jul 2001 19:16:57 -0400, Fred Chagnon wrote:
| o Can we have documentation on how evolution uses mail folders and how it
|   interacts with other email programs, please? Watching the list it seems
|   it's not possible sharing mailboxes between evo and pine, unless using
|   IMAP. Is this true? I know netscape mail can do it (if summary files
|   are deleted). Pine is useful as I still need to access my mail from
|   a ssh connection (W/O X), and there's no text mode client for evo.
|   (I would write one if I had the time :-) )
|
|   It seems a little silly if the mailbox is on the local machine and
|   imap has to be used to share between mail applications.

This is what I'm waiting for.

I need to be able to use PINE to read my mail if I'm ssh'd into my box, but
when I'm at my desktop I'd like to use Evolution.

I looked in the FAQ on ximian's site today and question #5 was of this
nature.

The response....

"No. But it's a planned feature."

Technically Evolution is useless to me unless I can read my mail from my
mail folders without importing them. Balsa's just not strong enough....

This feature is implemented in the upcoming 0.11 release.

Jeff