[Evolution] a few points

(remailed, as I accidently mailed this to evolution-developers)

I've been watching evolution from the background, and it's looking quite
nice. Just a few points:

o Can we have documentation on how evolution uses mail folders and how it
  interacts with other email programs, please? Watching the list it seems
  it's not possible sharing mailboxes between evo and pine, unless using
  IMAP. Is this true? I know netscape mail can do it (if summary files
  are deleted). Pine is useful as I still need to access my mail from
  a ssh connection (W/O X), and there's no text mode client for evo.
  (I would write one if I had the time :-) )

  It seems a little silly if the mailbox is on the local machine and
  imap has to be used to share between mail applications.

o Would it be possible to check for the presence of a "-- " in a signature
  file? My signature file has a "sign off", just before the real
  signature. Could evo not prepend a "-- " if there's one already in the
  signature. Just a silly point...

o I notice that in replying to an email, editing at the end of the
  quoted email text (removing lines), and then putting in new lines leaves
  the text mode in "preformat", which doesn't help the formatting of new
  text.

o Quoted emails in replies still have the signature of the sender on them.
  ie it's not stripped off.

o Windows open really slowly (evolution-0.10.99-snap.ximian.200107102017).
  It also complains about missing mail directories on startup (from a
  clean setup).

o There's a circular reference (complained about by rpm) in the following
  RPMS:

   bonobo-1.0.4-ximian.2
   bonobo-conf-0.6-ximian.2
   bonobo-devel-1.0.4-ximian.2
   libbonobo-conf-devel-0.6-ximian.2
   libbonobo-conf0-0.6-ximian.2

Thanks!

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Sanders <jss ast cam ac uk>  http://www-xray.ast.cam.ac.uk/~jss/
Pembroke College, Cambridge. UK   Institute of Astronomy, Cambridge. UK