Re: [Evolution] a few points

On 13 Jul 2001 19:16:57 -0400, Fred Chagnon wrote:
| o Can we have documentation on how evolution uses mail folders and how it
|   interacts with other email programs, please? Watching the list it seems
|   it's not possible sharing mailboxes between evo and pine, unless using
|   IMAP. Is this true? I know netscape mail can do it (if summary files
|   are deleted). Pine is useful as I still need to access my mail from
|   a ssh connection (W/O X), and there's no text mode client for evo.
|   (I would write one if I had the time :-) )
|
|   It seems a little silly if the mailbox is on the local machine and
|   imap has to be used to share between mail applications.

This is what I'm waiting for.

I need to be able to use PINE to read my mail if I'm ssh'd into my box, but
when I'm at my desktop I'd like to use Evolution.

I looked in the FAQ on ximian's site today and question #5 was of this
nature.

The response....

"No. But it's a planned feature."

Technically Evolution is useless to me unless I can read my mail from my
mail folders without importing them. Balsa's just not strong enough....

This feature is implemented in the upcoming 0.11 release.

Jeff