Re: [Evolution] Caching of news items

2. - What about caching the already downloaded/read news items? Is this
wished or depreciated by the evolution team?

The new-and-improved NNTP support is thanks to Sam Creasey, not the
Ximian team. NNTP support is still not a priority for us for 1.0, and
I'm pretty sure we still plan to ship our 1.0 packages with NNTP support
turned off. So if you want more NNTP functionality any time soon, you'll
have to do it yourself.

I know that the IMAP stuff does caching on the local machine... and that
using the disconnected operation stuff is similar... Is there a standard
interface that could be implemented in the NNTP provider that would make
this easier (and avoid the code duplication)?

Joe