Re: [Evolution] First time druid and email adres.

On Tue, 10 Jul 2001, Michael Leone wrote:
As long as MS sends out (and accepts in) RFC-compliant email, who cares if
they convert the mail into a proprietary format internally to deliver to
local users? Exchange supports both POP3 and SMTP, (and IMAP), so you can
use any mail client that also supports these standards. I know; I've used at
least 2 or 3 non-MS mail clients against an Exchange server (using POP3 and
SMTP).

And that's where this conversation started.  Even MS speaks RFC-compliant
SMTP addressing.  username host is not compliant.  Don't mangle Evo's SMTP
handling because someone has their internal network set up without correct
MX records and forwarding.

MS came up because someone said making a user conform to the product was
"Microsoftian".  Maybe so, if the protocol being complied to was some
bass-ackward (MS Kerberos anyone) protocol, but this protocol is
well-defined, and has been since before I started using the Internet.  In
this case, making the user conform to the protocol is doing them a favor
by fixing their incorrect configuration.

--Mark