Re: [Evolution] Caching of news items

So if you want more NNTP functionality any time soon, you'll
have to do it yourself.

Will Ximian not work on that in a nearer time? that was my intention as
I did ask the question (post-1.0 I mean).

Not exactly sure what you're asking. We want to have full NNTP support
in a future release, although I don't know when that will be. We won't
be doing any work on it for several months at least. As Evolution 1.0
approaches and the amount of bugfixing needed is less, presumably some
of the Evolution hackers will be involved in post-1.0 hacking projects,
which may include NNTP, so it's possible that there will actually be
semi-usable NNTP in an unstable branch on or before the Evolution 1.0
release date (although I doubt it).

Ettore and/or Nat is going to be sending an Evolution 1.0 roadmap
message in the next few days that should nail down some of the dates a
little more.

-- Dan