Re: [Evolution] gal > 0.8?

* Peter Williams <peterw ximian com> [010705 20:52]:
On 05 Jul 2001 19:41:59 -0500, Larry Rosenman wrote:
* Not Zed <notzed ximian com> [010705 19:14]:
You need to use the exact matching versions for gal and for evolution.

e.g. if you use cvs gal, you need to use cvs evolution too.  If you want
0.10 from ports you'll need to use the corresponding cvs version of gal.

Just use the head versions.

And as for being not impressed, well, if you want to use pre-release
software, you can expect a little extra work.
now CVS tip's configure wants EXACTLY berkeley DB 3.1.1.  WHY won't it
work with latest (3.2.9)?

Because Berkeley DB breaks DB compatibility unpredictably, meaning that
evolution's data (most notable the addressbook) unpredictably becomes
unusable unless we enforce a specific version of Berkeley DB. Note that
all you need to do is tell evolution where to find a static library and
the headers, so you don't even need to install BDB 3.1.17 on your entire
system -- just download it, compile, and install the necessary files
into something like $HOME/bdb-3.1.17.

I'm sorry that you're finding it so difficult to build Evolution, but
please realize that these problems are specific to your machine. We do
our best to make it easy to compile this large and complex program but
it's impossible for us to have it build beatifully for everyone. Please
keep trying because I think you'll be pleased with the results.
Now it can't FIND the bonobo-conf I installed using FreeBSD ports...

Grr.  What else can I do?

LER

Peter.

--
Peter Williams     peter newton cx / peterw ximian com

"Why should I have to change my name? He's the one who
sucks!"                              -- Michael Bolton