Re: [Evolution] Evo hangs with one particular email

On 05 Jul 2001 10:29:18 -0700, Karel P Kerezman wrote:
On 05 Jul 2001 13:14:34 -0400, Luis Villa wrote:
On 05 Jul 2001 13:03:53 -0400, Matt Vanderveer wrote:
I'm running today's (July 5) Evo snapshot on RH 7.1.  I received a text
email from the NY Times today that is apparently funky.  If I try to
read, delete or do any other operation on it, Evo freezes and I have to
kill it.  Can someone please tell me how to delete this email?  Aside
from this minor inconvenience, Evo is doing well.

P.S. I can't be certain, but your best bet on getting it out of your
inbox is probably to use another mailer. :/ This is why we'd like to see
it ourselves so we can fix it.

I have had on-again-off-again issues with PGP/GPG-signed mail. Some time
ago it was pointed out to me that switching to View As Source (Okay,
View | Message Display | Show Email Source in the current snapshot
menus) lets me deal with party-crasher messages. Just something to think
about... =)

--
  Karel P Kerezman - IS Admin, Entercom Portland - http://zero.kgon.com

Good call Karel.  Viewing as source was all it took.  As it turns out,
it was an html email.  The NY Times doesn't seem to be too consistant.
Sometimes they send text and others HTML, regardless of your config with
them.  Go figure.  Anyhoo, I've not had problems with other HTML mail
today.  This problem looks similar to a previous gtkhtml related
problem.  I've attached the email in question for the developers'
perusal.

Thanks for the help,

Matt
--
You are what you see.
Matt Vanderveer                 mattv boxerlearning com