Re: [Evolution] Messages are not visible

On 23 Jan 2001 21:44:32 -0600, Don 'Duck' Harper wrote:
I sometime notice this behavor if I have view by threads turned on.  It
is getting better for me with later snapshots, but I still get it
sometimes.

Another kinda work-around is to expunge the folder, and/or click on
another message above it.

BTW- it is normally messages that come later in a thread, and I have
already deleted the earlier messages.  I am using IMAP folders from a RH
7.0 box to a 6.2 server...

I have similar problems to this as well.
Starting with yesterday's snapshot, sometimes my folders will be
"empty".  Often right after downloading new mail, but not every time.
Sometimes, a few of my folders will work, then suddenly when switching
to a new one, it will be empty.  Threading on/off makes no difference
when this happens.
If I attempt to expunge a folder that has this problem, I get these
messages.(quiting and restarting evolution fixes this)

camel-WARNING **: shared_is_of_type: trying to cast finalized instance
of `CamelMhFolder' into instance of `CamelObject'

camel-CRITICAL **: file camel-object.c: line 452 (camel_object_ref):
assertion `CAMEL_IS_OBJECT (obj)' failed.
setting msg Expunging folder

camel-WARNING **: shared_is_of_type: trying to cast finalized instance
of `CamelMhFolder' into instance of `CamelFolder'

camel-CRITICAL **: file camel-folder.c: line 380 (camel_folder_expunge):
assertion `CAMEL_IS_FOLDER (folder)' failed.

camel-WARNING **: shared_is_of_type: trying to cast finalized instance
of `CamelMhFolder' into instance of `CamelObject'

camel-CRITICAL **: file camel-object.c: line 467 (camel_object_unref):
assertion `CAMEL_IS_OBJECT (obj)' failed.
clearing msg

Some more problems:
1. Starting with yesterday's snapshot, when I delete a bunch of
messages, and then expunge, the "outline" of the messages stay(ie, all
lines, the threading lines, etc), and if I choose one of them, it can't
find that message #.  Can't seem to make it happen again however.

2. Messages not visible when threading = on
  There doesn't seem to be anything common between these messages.
Sometimes it's a whole thread, sometimes part of one,etc.  Switching to
MH folders makes no difference.

3. Unable to delete certain messages.
  If evo has problems converting a message to UTF-8, they can't be
deleted.  When I hit delete, it gets overlines, and when I hit expunge,
they all get their delete flag removed.

These are all local folders, some mbox and some MH.
OS: Redhat Linux 7
Evo-snapshot: 2001012305

If I can do anything to help debug these problems, just let me know.

Thanks,
Ole