Re: [Evolution] Package dependencies and debian

On Mon, Jan 22, 2001 at 09:38:56PM -0500, Jonathan A. LaCour wrote:
Due to some seeming package conflicts in debian, after upgrading my box
yesterday (unstable branch), I now have a version of evolution which is
unable to compose.  I get "Can't open composer window" and the following
errors on the command line:

      Bonobo-WARNING **: Could not open help topics file NULL for app
      evolution-message-composer

      Bonobo-WARNING **: Object is NIL

      Bonobo-WARNING **: Activation exception 'Moniker interface cannot be
      found'

It occurs to me that this could be a bonobo issue =)

I also have nautilus 0.5 installed from debian's unstable
branch.  Everything is essentially binaries that relates to this problem.

I think that if the debian package maintainer at Ximian could make it so
that their version of bonobo is more recent, that would be good.

This isn't really possible - the bonobo interface changes binary
compatibility at every release, and there have been a couple bonobo
releases since the last evolution one. We're stuck with a bonobo that
evolution won't work with in unstable.

Is there a way I can get nightly builds at an apt location for
debian?  This may solve the problem as well.  Thanks!

Try:
deb http://spidermonkey.ximian.com/evolution-snapshots/distributions/Debian/ unstable main

I think that's the right one..

Peter