Re: [Evolution] Package dependencies and debian

You could take a look at http://www.ximian.com/tech

That should provide at least a basic understanding of the technologies
involved.

Jeff

On 23 Jan 2001 00:04:12 -0500, Andrew Cowie wrote:
On Mon, 22 Jan 2001, Ben Lillie wrote:

On Mon, 22 Jan 2001, Jonathan A. LaCour wrote:

Due to some seeming package conflicts in debian, after upgrading my box
yesterday (unstable branch),

I installed evolution on Debian unstable yesterday and had the same
problem. Eventually I discovered that the package 'libgtkhtml6' had not
been installed. I apt-get'd it ...

deb http://spidermonkey.helixcode.com/evolution-snapshots/distributions/Debian unstable main

I noticed that there was a slight dependency change somewhere between
preview release 0.8 and the current snapshot calling itself 0.9 - I
noticed that, after executing

`apt-get update && apt-get -u upgrade`

both evolution and libgtkhtml6 packages nwere "held back"; it did what
was needed when I up'ed the ante slightly with

`apt-get -u dist-upgrade`

Hope this helps,

Ditto.

      Andrew