Re: [Evolution] Package dependencies and debian

On Mon, 22 Jan 2001, Jonathan A. LaCour wrote:

Due to some seeming package conflicts in debian, after upgrading my box
yesterday (unstable branch), I now have a version of evolution which is
unable to compose.  I get "Can't open composer window" and the following
errors on the command line:

      Bonobo-WARNING **: Could not open help topics file NULL for app
      evolution-message-composer

      Bonobo-WARNING **: Object is NIL

      Bonobo-WARNING **: Activation exception 'Moniker interface cannot be
      found'

I installed evolution on Debian unstable yesterday and had the same
problem. Eventually I discovered that the package 'libgtkhtml6' had not
been installed. I apt-get'd it and composition worked fine. The evolution
package does depend on it, so I'm not sure what went wrong.

I'm using the nightly build line:

deb http://spidermonkey.helixcode.com/evolution-snapshots/distributions/Debian unstable main

Hope this helps,

Ben Lillie