Re: [Evolution] Advice

On 18 Jan 2001 22:47:14 -0800, Tim Hanson wrote:
> Miguel de Icaza wrote:
> >
> > > why the Journal feature in Outlook is despised, etc.
> >
> > Why is it despised? ;-)

> In my office, it is virtually unused by anybody. The layout is clunky
> (a series of horizontal time lines representing tasks, phone calls,
> notes, etc.), and it just took too long to enter anything. Act! (a
> competing product marketed by Symantec before Microsoft pressured them
> into selling it to some no-name) had a better system, where the calendar
> becomes a journal as future turns into present. A person who has an
> appointment can, without further data entry, keep track of the time
> right on the appointment. Much better.
> --
The Air Force has standardized on Outlook and Office, so everyone uses it with exchange. It best feature is the calendar scheduling. My students send me message for scheduling appointments and my department schedules meetings and resources though the email. So I use it at home as well. I like that pgp integrate with it and I can receive and send pgp messages for a consulting business I have. SInce I teach a linux class I have started using evo and while I like the filtering better and the virtual folders, it was my impression that outlook was one of the best mail clients on windows. Is there something better?

Tom