[Evolution] Re: Save hooks again - more details...

Telsa Gwynne <hobbit aloss ukuu org uk> writes:

With Bodo's example, suppose four of us are mailing each other:
your method would have them arrive in folders called abby, ben
and cat. Suppose they have all sent a bunch of stuff following
on from each others' emails. Your suggestion would mean flipping
between three folders to follow it and reply appropriately.

Actually, my method (which I use now in Gnus) would have each message
arrive in all three folders.  (Since they're all in the conversation,
and I choose to filter on "to" and "from".)  I could choose to read
and reply in any one of those folders, and the messages would be
marked read in all folders.

Better still, all folders would end up with a complete history of the
discussion, so that the context wasn't split up between abby, ben and
cat, so next week when I want to see Abby's reply to Ben, I can look
in either of their folders and see the whole discussion.

I don't think that Evolution is completely capable of this yet, but I
think it's a better goal to work towards.  Cross-posted messages are
great to have.

--
Alan Shutko <ats acm org> - In a variety of flavors!
Happiness is twin floppies.