[Evolution] Composer not working

When I try to compose a new message, forward or reply to a message, I get
a dialog saying "cannot open composer window" or somesuch.  The debug
output in my xterm is

Bonobo-WARNING **: Could not open help topics file NULL for app
evolution-message-composer

Bonobo-WARNING **: Object is NIL

Bonobo-WARNING **: Activation exception 'Moniker interface cannot be
found'

Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkobject.c: line 1179 (gtk_object_unref): assertion
`object->ref_count > 0' failed.

evolution-mail-WARNING **: Could not create composer

I'm running the latest snapshot from Ximian's red carpet.

Thanks,
B r i a n  L a l o r                         blalor hcirisc cs binghamton edu
http://hcirisc.cs.binghamton.edu/~blalor     Spam me not.
   To get my pgp key, put "get pgp key" in the subject of your message

I will not show off