[Evolution] Re: [Evolution-hackers] outgoing SMTP servers?
- From: Jason Pollock <jason pollock eservglobal co nz>
- To: Jeffrey Stedfast <fejj ximian com>
- Cc: John "R." Sheets <dusk ravendusk org>, evolution-hackers ximian com, evolution ximian com
- Subject: [Evolution] Re: [Evolution-hackers] outgoing SMTP servers?
- Date: 23 Feb 2001 10:29:32 +1300
On 22 Feb 2001 16:17:59 -0500, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
This is pretty much what it already does. Once you create your default
account, all new accounts will be created with the SMTP server set to
the settings of the default SMTP server (the one in the default
account). You are then able to change this if you want, but unless you
do it remains the same as the default.
However, the problem is that the information in the default account is
copied into the new account, rather than referenced. This results in
the problem of having to change all of the mail accounts just to change
the default SMTP server.
Perhaps it is referenced instead of copied? If so, then we don't really
have a problem, and it just becomes making it obvious that it is
referenced, so that people stop complaining. :)
Jason Pollock jason pollock eservglobal com, jason pollock ca
eServ Global NZ phone: +64 4 939 3377 fax: +64 4 939 3390
] [Thread Prev