Re: [Evolution] New mail in sub folders

I would like to third this idea, but with some ammendments.

The way I think this should work is as follows. Obviously this is only
important if you view your messages in a threaded format.

When you download new messages, messages that add to a thread _that is
open_, should also be visible.

Messages that add to a thread _that is closed_ should not appear,
however there should be some indication that a new message has been
added to the thread.  It might be suitable to use a bold or colored +
sign as Jason suggested.

Messages that are added to a single message (ie starting a new thread)
should automatically open that thread.

I believe new messages should be handled differently depending on the
state of the thread so that the display remains consistant.  Also, often
I will close threads I am uninterested in, and leave threads open that
I'm following.  The above method would save me the hassle of open
threads I'm following, or closing threads I'm not.  Regardless, it's
consistent with the state of the list, and it would clearly indicate new
messages in threads that are open or closed.

Rodd

We have something similar to this for the message list view itself.

Does that work the way you would like (i can't remember if that feature
made the stable branch, it is currently in head though).

 !Z