[Evolution] New mail in sub folders

I have a question which may turn into a feature request.

Given the existence of a deeply nested hierarchical mail tree and extensive filters on the incomming mail to sort it into this tree, how can I determine where my new mail went?  The only way I have discovered so far is to open up the entire mail tree looking for it.  Is there (or can there be) a better way?

As a programmer, I am loath to suggest such a thing, but really nice visualization would be to bold the mail tree from the root node (local) down to the node containing the mail (e.g. local/maillists/gnome/evolution).  I can only guess at how difficult that might be.  But  you can't really blame a guy for trying :-)