Re: [Evolution] Can't compose messages

Sounds to me like your Oaf library is out of date. You might try
updating that to the latest version (0.6.2 - or `cvs -z3 co -r
oaf-stable-0-6 oaf`)

Jeff

On 16 Feb 2001 10:13:43 +0100, Thomas Vollmer wrote:
On Thursday, 15. February 2001 23:06, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
On 15 Feb 2001 17:29:28 +0100, Thomas Vollmer wrote:
Because it is still not working for me, I tried a complety fresh
installation of OS, gnome and evolution. For libs I can't get RPMS I
used CVS. Evolution is also CVS HEAD.

  Very strange.  Your system is probably somewhat broken in a subtle
way.  What happens if you kill the `gnome-gtkhtml-editor' process (if
any) and then type `gnome-gtkhtml-editor' at the shell prompt?  Does it
spit out any interesting messages?  Does it start up at all?

Okay, I get a "gnome-gtkhtml-editor: Symbol `oaf_popt_options' has
different size in shared object, consider re-linking". And it doesn't
start at all.

I think it is a problem with the precompiled RPMS from Ximian (for SuSE
7.0) and my self compiled libs from (anon-) CVS. There are ORBit, oaf,
bonobo, gal, gtk+, gnome-vfs, gconf, gtkhtml and Evolution of course.
Only Evoultion and GAL are head. The others are tagged for stable
branches or versions requested by evolution.

  Also, what are the values of your $GNOME_PATH and $OAF_INFO_PATH?

Not set. When I try to set them it doesn't matters.

Thomas