Re: [Evolution] Font problem

On 15 Feb 2001 23:25:24 -0800, Mark Dailey wrote:
On 15 Feb 2001 19:36:53 -0600, Stephen M. Williams wrote:
I am using TTF, and In Control_Center->Document_Handlers->HTML-Viewer I
had selected Ariel but  with an KOI8-Ru (vs ISO8859-1) encoding.
Changing the encoding and  restarting evo fixed the problem.

Well, now I am seeing the = at the top of every message.  And now it
appears when I am typing as opposed to when I'm vieweing messages.  Too
weird.

Stephen,

I should have been clearer.  What you are now describing i.e. the = when
you type was what I experienced WITH KOI8-Ru (which I have no Idea what
it is, but ships with the arial.ttf font). I changed TO ISO8859-1 and my
problem went away.  At any rate this is clearly a font problem, so you
should pick a font that works.

Good luck.

Thanks Mark.  I got it working switching to ISO8859-1.  I wish I
would've paid attention to what it was set to in the first place.
Thanks again!

Steve