Re: [Evolution] Broken Tasks, Calendar, and Contacts. Introduction as well

On 08 Feb 2001 18:05:28 -0600, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
Christian Pearce <pearcec PacketPushers com> writes:

I couldn't even get it to run as myself so I tried another user real
quick.

[root insight lpd]# cat /tmp/evolution
Gdk-WARNING **: shmget failed!
IMLIB ERROR: SHM can't get SHM Identifier for Shared Pixmap Wrapper
             Falling back on Shared XImages
IMLIB ERROR: SHM can't get SHM Identifier for Shared XImage
             Falling back on XImages
IMLIB ERROR: SHM can't get SHM Identifier for Shared Pixmap Wrapper
             Falling back on Shared XImages
IMLIB ERROR: SHM can't get SHM Identifier for Shared XImage
             Falling back on XImages

IMLIB ERROR: SHM can't get SHM Identifier for Shared Pixmap Wrapper
             Falling back on Shared XImages
IMLIB ERROR: SHM can't get SHM Identifier for Shared XImage
             Falling back on XImages
IMLIB ERROR: SHM can't get SHM Identifier for Shared Pixmap Wrapper
             Falling back on Shared XImages
IMLIB ERROR: SHM can't get SHM Identifier for Shared XImage
             Falling back on XImages

[pearcec3 insight /tmp]$ evolution-calendar

Gdk-WARNING **: shmget failed!
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

[pearcec3 insight /tmp]$ evolution-addressbook
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Hmmm.  Your kernel seems to have run out of shared memory segments.
Can you restart your X session and try again?

Newer versions of GTK+ fix this problem by creatint a single big
segment per client instead of four little ones.

Things should still not crash even if shm is not available, though...

I was having this problem a while ago. Michael Rothwell suggested to
recompile my kernel with more shared segments. Solved the problem,
although it might be better to get the improved GTK+.

http://lists.helixcode.com/archives/public/evolution/2001-January/005074.html

-- F