Re: [Evolution] Broken Tasks, Calendar, and Contacts. Introduction as well

Christian Pearce
-PacketPusher

On 5 Feb 2001, JP Rosevear wrote:

On 05 Feb 2001 00:27:25 -0500, Christian Pearce wrote:

The snapshots or 0.8?  Which distribution?

I went for the snapshots.  I am running redhat 6.2.  It is fairly modified
though.

cohurts (how is that spelled?).
cohorts.

thanks.

   I got further along than I every have.  I finally have an exec summary
and tasks.  Plus my compose window comes up.

   Calendar, Tasks and Contacts buttons don't work when I press them.
Plus the composer windows seems semi broken.  When I send it locks up.

Are there any error messages?  Can you run evolution-calendar and
evolution-addressbook on the command and then start evolution?  Are
there any errors doing this?  Does this allow you to load the above
mentioned things.

I couldn't even get it to run as myself so I tried another user real
quick.

[root insight lpd]# cat /tmp/evolution
Gdk-WARNING **: shmget failed!
IMLIB ERROR: SHM can't get SHM Identifier for Shared Pixmap Wrapper
             Falling back on Shared XImages
IMLIB ERROR: SHM can't get SHM Identifier for Shared XImage
             Falling back on XImages
IMLIB ERROR: SHM can't get SHM Identifier for Shared Pixmap Wrapper
             Falling back on Shared XImages
IMLIB ERROR: SHM can't get SHM Identifier for Shared XImage
             Falling back on XImages

IMLIB ERROR: SHM can't get SHM Identifier for Shared Pixmap Wrapper
             Falling back on Shared XImages
IMLIB ERROR: SHM can't get SHM Identifier for Shared XImage
             Falling back on XImages
IMLIB ERROR: SHM can't get SHM Identifier for Shared Pixmap Wrapper
             Falling back on Shared XImages
IMLIB ERROR: SHM can't get SHM Identifier for Shared XImage
             Falling back on XImages

[pearcec3 insight /tmp]$ evolution-calendar

Gdk-WARNING **: shmget failed!
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

[pearcec3 insight /tmp]$ evolution-addressbook
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

If I had to guess I would say the components for the address book and
calendar are not set up correctly.  Is there anyway I can verify this?

  Can anyone help me?  I relize this is kinda a gimpy email, but I don't
even really know where to start.  I just remembering the pain off
installing everything from source.  Which might solve all my problems.

Do you have any left over bits from when things were installed from
source?

It's possiable.  I won't know where to look.

-JP

JP Rosevear                             jpr ximian com
Ximian Inc.                             http://www.ximian.com