Re: [Evolution] Congrats to Ximian/OO developers + more ammo!

On Thu, 8 Feb 2001, Kevin Cullis wrote:

I'd just like to say thanks to all of the Evo and OO developers who are
now talking to each other and collaborating on integrating Evo, OO, and

Just why don't I see any other developers besides me (OK, and Dan from
phpGW) taking part?

whatever else can communicate with each app into something workable.  As
a business user, I've been disgusted many a times with apps failing to
share information/tasks/whatever which caused me many a headache. To me,
this is a MAJOR step in the right direction to getting something that
will allow Linux to move into the desktop area with meaningful
influence.  When I've mentioned this to a few business people, they're
pleased as punch to get out of the proprietary model and into your
collaborative model of sharing information between apps.

[snip - it's not asif it's at all relevant if we all continue to sit in
our respective sandboxes for ever as we are used to]

        Sander

One day a tortoise will learn to fly
        -- Terry Pratchett, 'Small Gods'