Re: [Evolution] Mandrake 7.2, Gnome & Evolution

I've had it running on 7.1 and 7.2 since the first rpm's...  You have to
make sure to do everything in the helix-update for the regular helix-gnome,
and then do the evolution..  If you get a failure installing, check in
/var/cache/helix-install/ for the RPM's and see what they require...  It's
been a no-brainer on my installation, so far.  Getting all the snapshots to
work is another story...

Ian Battersby wrote:

I have Mandrake 7.2 Deluxe and have been trying for about a week to get
Evolution working by installing the RPM's.  From a fresh installation I
have tried:

1. Installing the unsatisfied dependencies required by Evolution, and
then Evolution 0.8

2. Running Helix-Update and installing all updates, installing the
remaining unsatisfied dependencies, and then Evolution 0.8

3. Installing Gnome 1.24 from scratch, checking helix-update to make
sure all updates are installed (which they were) and then installing
the unsatisfied version dependencies (bonobo, glib, oaf, gtkhtml).

On all occasions Evolution either refuses to run with a shared library
error or programs stop running - I assume due to the new glib library.
Forgive me if any of the library names or versions are incorrect but I
am having to use Windoze to write this.

Has anyone successfully got Evolution running on Mandrake 7.2? ... if
so, can you help as I can't wait to switch over the Linux full-time.

Thanks.