[Evolution] Re: [discuss] GROUPWARE - what is it, anyways?

And doesn't instantly fall prey to feature creep.

So, what is 'groupware'?
        * calendaring
        * email access
        ? newsgroup access
        * email alias/list management
        * shared file access (webdav?)
        * todo lists
        * project/progress tracking
        * address book(s)

Anybody think of anything else that is clearly 'groupware' and not in
there (and otoh, also clearly doen't belong to the 'not groupware'
category like say database access).

I agree. The basic scope needs to be geared toward the core apps of a
groupware system. However I feel that it can also be done in a way that
allows any additional app to be written and have its data stored in some
standard method. If we dont do this then Notes and Exchange would have a
powerful function that we would be ignoring.

In the case some of those, a certain subset of things people can dream up
(like in the case of todo lists) will have to be decided.

Where does Mozilla fit into this?

Mozilla is a good browser for phpGW. But probably does not really
concern us in building this OGS XML-RPC interface.

Seek3r