Re: [Evolution] Broken Tasks, Calendar, and Contacts. Introduction as well

On 05 Feb 2001 00:27:25 -0500, Christian Pearce wrote:

Hello,

   I have installed evolution off and on since 0.4.  In recent days I have
been using the rpm's that helixcode provides with there updater.  Since I
have been using the rpms I basically have a broken version of evolution.
I just spent about 2-3 hour going over the archives.

The snapshots or 0.8?  Which distribution?

   I don't have very much time to spend on this so I am just getting
around to the fact every time I try a preview from helix it doesn't work.
I am up to 9.  I tried purging every existence of evolution and its
cohurts (how is that spelled?).

cohorts.

   I got further along than I every have.  I finally have an exec summary
and tasks.  Plus my compose window comes up.

   Calendar, Tasks and Contacts buttons don't work when I press them.
Plus the composer windows seems semi broken.  When I send it locks up.

Are there any error messages?  Can you run evolution-calendar and
evolution-addressbook on the command and then start evolution?  Are
there any errors doing this?  Does this allow you to load the above
mentioned things.

  Can anyone help me?  I relize this is kinda a gimpy email, but I don't
even really know where to start.  I just remembering the pain off
installing everything from source.  Which might solve all my problems.

Do you have any left over bits from when things were installed from
source?

-JP

JP Rosevear                             jpr ximian com
Ximian Inc.                             http://www.ximian.com