Re: [Evolution] Evo usable as daily/regular mail app?

On 01 Feb 2001 15:05:26 -0800, Chris Bailey wrote:

What I'm wondering is how people feel about using it as their normal
mail reader?  Evolution is very appealing to me (ok, truth be told, I
used to be an Outlook user on Windows).  Mozilla is too slow, and annoys
me with how it marks messages read just because their subject line gets
selected.  It also has some bugs, etc.  I've looked at Balsa, gmail, and
Pronto, but each have a couple things that seem to make me resist
switching to those; plus I just think Evo is cool.

I've been using it off and on ever since the first preview release, and
I have used it exclusively starting with preview release 7.

The opening screen is there for a reason.  It is neither finished nor
perfect.  I have found that it must be explored to find its current
limitations, and then used within them.  And then, like the opening
screen says, "...you could be, too."

Why do I use it?

Because I love this mail client.  And, feeling that way about it, I try
to learn how to use it effectively.

Sure, there are bugs.

But, hey, if I could put up with X-Mail and CC:Mail, I can put up with
anything.

-train

--
Herbert Rutledge, aka Train      | "To post is human; to flame, divine."