Re: [Evolution] Maildir format - best solution for Procmail/Mutt/Evolution transparent use?

So sprach »Grant Bowman« am 2001-12-21 um 02:22:06 -0800 :
Specifically in approaching this conversion, I am using mbox files in
my ~/Mail/ and lots of Procmail recipies doing their job quite well.
I don't know what the best tool would be to convert mbox messages to
maildir format messages.

For new messages, procmail would be the tool of choice.  Simply append a
/ at the "mailbox" name.  This tells procmail to treat this as a Maildir
spool.

For converting your messages, formail + procmail would be the right
tools.  After you converted your .procmailrc, run:

cat ~/Mail/* | formail -d -s /usr/bin/procmail

This will "respool" all the mbox files under your ~/Mail/ directory into
the new Maildir spools.

Alexander Skwar
--
How to quote:   http://learn.to/quote (german) http://quote.6x.to (english)