Re: [Evolution] slow composer

Even on a 1.3 GHz P4, the delay is about 3-4 seconds.

Ujwal

On Thu, 2001-12-20 at 11:56, dpeterso ne orst edu wrote:
On 20 Dec 2001, Larry Ewing had this to say:

On Thu, 2001-12-20 at 12:45, dpeterso ne orst edu wrote:

I have a small wish, but don't know what category to file under.
When composing a new message, it takes "forever" (>3 sec.) for the compose
mail window to appear.  This is ridiculous.  Of course, I'm on a PII-233

The slow startup is a bonobo problem.  I think it is mainly time spent
in the bonobo UI menu routines.  There is already a bug in bugzilla and
I think Michael Meeks has been actively working on the problem.

Huh.  I looked in bugzilla, but didn't see this.  Of course, I didn't look
under Bonobo...glad to hear that it is being worked on, though.

Why does a new composer window have to be spawned every time? Put
another way, why does sending a message close the composer rather than
just clearing the text.  It seems that only spwning the composer once

If you open a composer window and keep it open, subsequent windows
should be much faster opening.  Until this is fixed I hope that helps.

But, sending a message closes the composer window!  SO you're saying that
I should just open a blank window and keep it around whilst I do
subsequent composings?  However, that doesn't really help, either.  The
delay time is now 2-2.5 seconds instead of 3-5. <shrug>   Thanks for the
idea anyway.

Donald A. Peterson       | dpeterso engr orst edu
Ph.D. Research Associate |
Dept. of Chemistry       | PH:  (541) 737-7079
Oregon St. University    | FAX: (541) 737-0480