Re: [Evolution] Re: [Galeon-user] Regular total lockups with 1.0.1 (and earlier)

On Thu, 2001-12-20 at 21:59, Christian Rose wrote:
fre 2001-12-21 klockan 03.33 skrev Stephen Witkop:
Just a thought but what about ext3? I am running RH 7.2 on a new machine
but I went with ext2 when I installed and have never had a freeze. It is
low level and the newest and least tested item I would think.

AMD Athlon 1.2
SIS K7S5A chipset
onboard sound, ethernet
Riva TNT2 video

Stephen

Did you experience these lockups when using ext3? If not, it's probably
something else (like the lack of a SoundBlaster Live! card in your
system).

Christian

I never used ext3. I only installed once and chose ext2 because I hadn't
gotten a chance to look into the differences between ext3 and reiserfs
which are both offered as options on install so I chose neither.

You're probably right about the sound SB Live! card. I had just noticed
that ext3 was another difference between my system and some others that
had problems.

Stephen