Re: [Evolution] Evolution dependencies

On Sat, 2001-12-15 at 00:39, Dan Winship wrote:
The issue is that libdb file formats change sometimes between versions.
We wanted to guarantee that you can just move your ~/evolution folder
between machines (or share it via NFS or whatever) and always have
things work. So we made it depend on a specific db version (which is
statically linked in, so it doesn't matter what any other programs on
your system are using).

This is fair enough, and a reasonable goal - but wouldn't it be easier
in the long run if the relevant chunks of db were pulled into Evo's
source tree? It's going to get more and more unmaintainable as time goes
by, otherwise. I must admit I haven't looked at the license, so this may
not be possible.

In practical terms, you say that file formats "change sometimes". Do we
know for certain if this occurred between 3.1.17 and 4.0.14?

Mike.