[Evolution] Evolution dependencies

Hiho - I'm in the middle of trying to convince Evolution 1.0 to compile
under OS X. I haven't even started on Evo itself yet - I'm still
tweaking the Fink (http://fink.sourceforge.net/) packages around to try
and meet all the dependencies. So far so good - currently working on
GConf 1.0.7, then I should be able to build gtkhtml 1.0 ...

One minor snag is the Berkeley DB library. The Evolution configure
script checks for version 3.1.17 specifically. I've built myself a
3.1.17 package to use while I'm testing, and it seems to work fine, but
there's a 4.0.14 package in unstable that'll go in as the main db
package sometime in the near future.

Anyway, the essence of this little essay is simple. Is there a good
reason that Evolution MUST have 3.1.17, or will a later version do? Is
it just a matter of things not being tested, or will patching the
configure script cause my computer to explode? :)

Any info would be good.

Thanks,
Mike.