Re: [Evolution] Strange calendar bug(s)

On Fri, 2001-12-14 at 23:48, Damon Chaplin wrote:
On Fri, 2001-12-14 at 15:49, Randy Orrison wrote:
It's strange, because it's so obvious, but I can't find it in bugzilla.
Here's my repro script:
Go to the calendar folder
Click Week view
Click New Appointment
Enter Test for Summary
Enter today and 6pm for Start Time
Enter today and 7pm for End Time
Click Save and Close
Observe that the Start Time as displayed in today's box on the calendar
is 559pm

This is 100% reproducable for me.  It happened with 0.99.2, and is still
happening now with 1.0.  I'm using the package from debian unstable.

I would report this in bugzilla, but since it's so obvious I have to
suspect that it's something wrong with my installation, rather than a
real bug.  Any suggestions?

(There are a host of other similar little calendar bugs, as well.  Such
as: Click Day View on the Toolbar, click Go To on the Toolbar, click Go
To Today, get Wednesday (it's Friday); or click on Saturday in the month
calendar on the main view and get Thursday, or the test appointment that
I just created in Week View on Friday shows up in day view on
Thursday...  What's going on???)

I suspect a packaging problem or a timezone problem.

What timezone do you have set on the machine? What do 'date' and 'date
-u' output?

$ date
Sat Dec 15 00:11:07 GMT 2001
$ date -u
Sat Dec 15 00:11:30 UTC 2001

(I live in England, we're not currently on British Summer Time, so
current local time == GMT == UTC.)

The TZ environment variable doesn't appear to be set.  Is there another
timezone setting somewhere?

What timezone are you using in Evolution?

It's currently set to UTC, but I've just changed it to Europe/London.

You could try running 'wombat' and 'evolution-calendar' in separate
terminals before starting Evolution and see if they output any warnings.

Both gave
Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

wombat didn't exit when I closed evolution, and when I restarted it it
gave

wombat-pcs-Message: cal_notify_categories_changed(): Could not
notify the listener about the current set of categories
wombat-pcs-Message: cal_notify_categories_changed(): Could not
notify the listener about the current set of categories

Damon

Thanks!