Re: [Evolution] Evolution dependencies

On Fri, 2001-12-14 at 05:40, Mike Barnes wrote:
Hiho - I'm in the middle of trying to convince Evolution 1.0 to compile
under OS X. I haven't even started on Evo itself yet - I'm still
tweaking the Fink (http://fink.sourceforge.net/) packages around to try
and meet all the dependencies.

One important bit: make sure you're on OS X 10.1 and not using
-flat_namespace, or you'll get linking errors later on.

Anyway, the essence of this little essay is simple. Is there a good
reason that Evolution MUST have 3.1.17, or will a later version do?

We really need to document this...

The issue is that libdb file formats change sometimes between versions.
We wanted to guarantee that you can just move your ~/evolution folder
between machines (or share it via NFS or whatever) and always have
things work. So we made it depend on a specific db version (which is
statically linked in, so it doesn't matter what any other programs on
your system are using).

-- Dan