[Evolution] Does EAddress component work for anyone?

Ok, I finally got the component to compile without unresolved
dependencies by adding $(GAL_LIBS) and $(OPENSSL_LDFLAGS) to
Makefile.am.  But now when I try to sync (and I had the same problem
previously), it hangs up.  It appears as though a lot of my contacts get
added to my addressbook, but partway through the process my Pilot
complains about losing the connection.  If I have Evolution running at
the time, wombat goes into full CPU cycling.  If I don't have Evo
running, I just get the timeout message.

Does anyone have any pointers?  What can I do to track the problem
down?  I can't tell if it's a certain contact causing the problems,
because it appears as though the contacts are not retrieved in
alphabetical order.  Is this right?

Dan