Re: [Evolution] Does EAddress component work for anyone?

Hi Dan,

On Wed, 2001-08-29 at 01:31, Dan Hensley wrote:
Does anyone have any pointers?  What can I do to track the problem
down?  I can't tell if it's a certain contact causing the problems,
because it appears as though the contacts are not retrieved in
alphabetical order.  Is this right?

I've had some severe issues with the EAddress conduit, but I've found a
workaround that usually makes things happy again. It resets the contacts
on the desktop to what the Pilot has, so if you've got contacts on your
desktop that you don't want to lose, don't do it.

        1. Kill gpilotd
        2. Delete all contacts in Evolution calendar
        3. rm ~/evolution/local/Contacts/pilot-*.xml
        4. Exit Evolution
        5. Change mode of EAddress conduit to "Copy From Pilot"
        6. Run sync

Hope this helps,

Peter

--
Peter Williams     peter newton cx / peterw ximian com

"Why should I have to change my name? He's the one who
sucks!"                              -- Michael Bolton