Re: [Evolution] Could not create composer window

On Thu, Aug 23, 2001 at 07:28:14PM -0400, Mark Neill wrote:
Peter/Richard/et al...

   This was a problem I was having on my hashed-together Suse with RedHat
GNOME.  I believe my problem was old versions of various packages that
were laying aorund.

        ... SuSE here, but without Redhat GNOME.
Selfcompiled, things working except Evolution's composer.
Even the calender-insertion-thingy about bugday.

   Compare a "rpm -q -a" with the list of packages that belong to Evo,

                which are ?
anyway, I do not use rpms for gnome, so this won't work.

and
see if you have old versions that didn't get erased.  Libraries seems to
be OK, non-library packages definitely need to be deleted.

what are non-library-packages ? devel-ones ?

To erase /opt/gnome for the composer is no option, so a closer location of
the problem (beware of bonobo-rests, look for oaf-rests [both done and
both negative] because of...) would be very useful.