[Evolution] Evolution and HTML/Attachments

I'm just curious about how Evo treats HTML mail.  I remember that it has a
checkbox under preferences or something that says "I want/don't want HTML"
and "Send/don't send HTML" encoded mail.  Most times when I receive mail
that has both text and html, the HTML is set as an attachment (I'm using
pine as my MUA) that can be viewed or ignored.

I have a hunch that the behavior I'm seeing is because I receive the
evolution list in DIGEST format rather than message-by-message, but most
of the emails I see that have any sort of HTML in them are reproduced in
their full god-awful glory and I have to read/skip past the message twice:
once for the content, then another time for the HTML marked-up version.
A similar thing happens with the calendar attachments.  They are just
appended in full-length rather than as an attachment.  This is why I am
thinking it's a listserve DIGEST thing.

Can anyone confirm that hunch or does Evo naturally feel the need to
broadcast it's content twice when HTML encoding is present?

Curiously yours,
-Don
Donald A. Peterson       | dpeterso engr orst edu
Ph.D. Research Associate |
Dept. of Chemistry       | PH:  (541) 737-7079
Oregon St. University    | FAX: (541) 737-0480