[Evolution] [HELP] mail component wont start

in trying out the mail folder conversion feature... my mail component
crashed.  leaving me with a malfunctioning Evolution.

1. I was converting one of my folders from 'mbox' format to 'maildir'
format to try out some "expunge" timings {discussion in a separate
thread about expunge speed of mbox vs. maildir} and my mail component
crashed during the conversion.

2. I exited Evolution

3. I ran killev

4. I restarted Evolution...

and from then on I couldn't view any mail folder at all.  No matter
what local folder or VFolder I click on, the view goes right back to
the "My Evolution" view.

After exiting evolution once again, I did notice that the following
warning message was being displayed on exit:

   evolution-shell-WARNING **: Cannot unregister component --
OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Mail_ShellComponent

I am still unable to get evolution working and I have tried several
different things: exiting & restarting; exiting, killev, & restarting;
exiting, killev && oaf-slay, restarting; etc...  nothing has worked.

I've looked through the config.xmldb file and didn't notice anything
wrong.  (at least to my untrained eye)

For the record, the mail folder conversion does appear to have worked.
(mbox->maildir) ... I just can't verify that it's in a valid format
since evolution wont start.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  At this point I'm MIA with my MUA
outta whack.  Any and all help greatly appreciated!

thanx,

Ricardo

P.S.  output log with WARNING message attached.