Re: [Evolution] expunge speed

On 19 Aug 2001 14:10:35 -0700, Dan Berger wrote:
maildir fixes the locking problem with a "smart" naming scheme - but it
can't solve the directory structure problem.

I believe the vpopmail package for qmail (from which Maildir originated)
has a solution for this.  I'd have to double check that though.

I've got an inbox in Maildir format, with over 3100 items in it.  I can
expunge and it comes back in a split second.  What problems this may be
causing in other regards, I don't presently know, since I haven't used
Maildir as a permanent mail store prior to using Evolution (used to pull
new mail down into Outlook).

Regardless though, I wish I could select the mail store format of my
choice (Maildir) in Evo and have it be the default for all new mail
folders.

Ron