Re: [Evolution] expunge is very slow for me

On 17 Aug 2001, Andrew Smith wrote:
Hmmm, maybe this is a good candidate for some lazy programming.

Couldn't the expunge operation just hide messages from the folder views
and wait to rewrite the mbox until we have closed down evolution?

I only have 600 messages in my folders and it is painful to watch the
expunge process tick along.

View > Hide deleted messages

What are you doing that you're keeping 600 messages in a live folder
anyway?  I'd vote more for some unlazy filtering.  The delay is a result
of the fact that you are sequentially rewriting a 600-message file.
Unless you have access to come Quantum State instand read-write storage,
it's going to take a few seconds to write that data.

--Mark