[Evolution] Evolution and local mail folders

Im confused now.

The online FAQ says you can't use evolution to read mbox files or mail
folders produced by another mail program without importing them.
http://www.ximian.com/apps/evolution-faq.html#AEN3521

I recieved word today however from someone at Ximian that this has bveen
available for a long time. It would seem the direction that I got explains
to import mail from an application like Mozilla Mail...or something. Buit
that's not exactly what I'm after.

Does anyone else have a setup like this? Here is what I need:

I use pine as a reader right now. Mail comes in, passes through procmail.
Procmail dumps it into various fodlers, and all pine does is read it. Pretty
standard.

I'd like to be able to use Evolution to read all the mail fodlers I have in
~/mail/; inclusing all subfolders that procmail sorts stuff into. I only
want to resort to using pine if I'm working remotely.

I've tried symlinking all the mbox files in the Evolution folders to the
local mail folders, but when I restart Evolution later on, the links
disapear.

Setting up an account using standard unix mbox doesn't work. These aren't
mbox format. (or are they)

Has anyone done something like this....or can it even be done?

Fred Chagnon           "Only in RPGs does fighting
fred minix ca          make you a better person."
fchagnon attcanada ca  - Peter Olafson