Re: [Evolution] Backing up/transferring Evolution data

On 03 Aug 2001 11:58:33 -0500, Brandon Young wrote:
I noticed some wierd behavior from evolution where it wasn't deleting my
settings even though I was trashing my evolution directory.  I
discovered in ~/.gnome that there is another set of evolution settings
(evoluiton and Evolution).  Save those as well if you are trying to do a
backup that remembers what mail you have downloaded, etc.

The problem was probably that the wombat was trying to outsmart you --
it lives on after you exit evolution, and restores settings even if your
config.xmldb is saved.

The only settings that aren't preserved under ~/evolution are saved
passwords, stored in ~/.gnome_private.

Peter

--
Peter Williams     peter newton cx / peterw ximian com

"Why should I have to change my name? He's the one who
sucks!"                              -- Michael Bolton