Re: [Evolution] Backing up/transferring Evolution data

On 03 Aug 2001 09:48:01 -0700, Eric Lambart wrote:
No, I really don't believe that copying the ~/evolution directory tree
will backup the settings.  Because I was having problems with evo
re-downloading hundreds of messages, I deleted the entire ~/evolution
tree several times to wipe out the bad data and start over.  To my
surprise, it always remembered my mail account setup even though all the
mailboxes were gone and it told me it thought this was the first time
the program was run.

I still haven't figured out where the config settings are stored.  I
found something called ~/.gnome/evolution but there's very little info
there.  There is also a ~/.gnome_private/Evolution which stores your
(somewhat encrypted) mail passwords.

(almost?) all of them are stored in ~/evolution/config.xmldb

cheers