[Evolution] evolution automatically downloading and reading my mail?

After witnessing it a couple of times, I'm now confident that it's not
my memory flaking out on me; when I'm gone for a long time (i.e. asleep
at night), and come back, evolution (which I leave running 24/7) has
downloaded mail (despite the fact that i don't have it set to
automatically check), and marked it read.

It doesn't do it 100% of the time, but I've noticed it at least four
times now.

Has anyone else seen this? Should I set up some scripts to lurk & watch
for it coming to life while I'm away?

This is with 2001.04.11.08.00 ( the latest from red carpet) on a Red Hat
7 machine

--
David Hoover