Re: [Evolution] How to use GPG support?

On Sat, 23 Sep 2000, Nathan Thompson-Amato wrote:

I do intend to work on encryption and signature support at some point,
but school just started back up so I can't commit any huge blocks of
time.  Although if somebody tells me how to ask the addressbook for a
record based on an email address, maybe I can get something interesting
done this weekend.  Hint, hint. :-)

So, there's no simple single function to do this unfortunately.  There
probably should be.  I'll look into adding a convenience function some
time soon.

In the mean time, you need to create a copy of the default book, do
e_book_get_book_view with the query set to something like
"(is \"email\" \"...\")".  You'll get a callback giving you the book
view.  You attach to the book view's create_card and sequence_complete
signals and wait for responses.  When you get the sequence_complete
signal, that means you have received all the responses you're going to.
You can then unref all the objects created and use the cards you were
given.

The names I used for functions may not be exactly correct.  I'm not in
front of the code right now.

I really think I should write a convenience function.  I'll write that
sometime today or tomorrow.  It should be in cvs by Monday morning.

Also, when you get the card, do you plan to pull pgp type keys from
them?  I can't remember if anyone's added a field for that.

Thanks for working on the encryption stuff.  I'll make sure to write that
convenience function for Monday.

Thanks,
    Chris