Re: [Evolution] How to use GPG support?

Michel Alexandre Salim wrote:

If I were not mistaken encryption (GPG/PGP) support was first added in
0.4.0/1 but not turned on by default; so for 0.5.1 I downloaded the SRPM
(Redhat 6.2) and proceeded to run ./configure after untar'ing the TGZ.
Since it seems to detect GPG just fine I proceeded to rebuild the RPM.
Lo and behold... no difference at all. No options to use encryption, and
a signed message sitting in my Inbox appears as it was, in plain text.

This is my fault -- I volunteered to integrate GnuPG but never got much
farther than helping add decryption support.  So Evolution can't encrypt
yet (I have a patch for this, but it's very crude) and it's completely
ignorant of signatures.  However, if you get an encrypted email,
Evolution should provide a "decrypt message" icon.

I do intend to work on encryption and signature support at some point,
but school just started back up so I can't commit any huge blocks of
time.  Although if somebody tells me how to ask the addressbook for a
record based on an email address, maybe I can get something interesting
done this weekend.  Hint, hint. :-)

Thanks for your interest,

Nathan